Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Docuseries ‘At Home’ Coming to Netflix

advertisements

More on: Prince Harry Prince Harry, Meghan and Kids Attend Jubilee Celebration, But Not With Queen Netflix cancels children’s animated series drama Meghan Markle.

It goes with the Sussex family!

Netflix is ​​finally getting a “pound of meat” from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with a documentary series “At Home in the Style of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” Page Six may reveal.

Hollywood insiders are excited about the show, but while we’re told Netflix chiefs would like to tie the year-end series to Harry’s long-awaited memoir, Rural Sussex would prefer it airing next year.

“The timing is still being discussed and things are pending,” said a producer familiar with the matter.

The Sussex family, who signed a multi-million dollar deal with the streaming device in 2020 after moving to the US, followed the Netflix cameras when they went to the Netherlands last month for the Invictus Games, Harry’s World Games for the afflicted. and women. Netflix is ​​making a documentary about it called The Heart of Invictus.

But they tell us they’ve also been overshadowed by another project that would be more attractive. They were allowed behind-the-scenes cameras at their home in Montecito, California, and they joined the Sussex family on their trip to New York last September, as we previously revealed.

Harry and Markle were allowed their own cameras during a trip to New York in September 2021. Getty Images for Global Citizen

“I think it’s fair to say that Netflix gets its pounds from meat,” said a top Hollywood insider.

There’s no word yet on what will be included in the documentary, but while the Sussexes were living in California, there was a lot of headlines about their separation from the royal family.

See also  February 5 Astronomical Calendar

Last month, Harry, 37, and Markle, 40, traveled to see the Queen ahead of her 96th birthday at Windsor Castle on their way to the Netherlands, where Harry said his grandmother was in high spirits and made sure she was looked after. . .

The former royals will be in the UK next month to celebrate the Jubilee Queens Platinum. Getty Images

The Sussex family have also announced that they will be bringing their children, 3-year-old Archie, and baby Lillipet, whose first birthday falls on June 4, to London to celebrate the Queen’s platinum jubilee next month.

The palace confirmed that they would not join senior family members, including Prince Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton, on the Buckingham Palace balcony.

Netflix declined to comment and representatives of the Sussexes were not available for comment.

Last month, Netflix announced it was canceling development of Markle’s “Pearl” animated series, as part of a cost-cutting move.

Harry and Markle are due to bring their two children to London in June. Getty Images

The show, announced last year, is one of several projects abandoned by the streaming giant, which last month revealed a sharp drop in subscribers and warned that millions more would be leaving the service.

Archewell Productions, the company formed by the Sussex family, announced last year that Meghan will produce Pearl, along with David Furnish, husband of Sir Elton John.

The series was planned to focus on the adventures of a 12-year-old girl, inspired by influential women in history.

advertisements

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.