The WhatsApp It is an instant messaging platform where daily you receive a large number of photos or videos that are stored over time on your iPhone, and although these Apple devices have versions ranging from 64 to 512 GB, the green indicated app It will run many times quickly. This time we will show you a simple trick to clean WhatsApp and thus free up storage space on your iOS cell phone. Take note.
chat groups The WhatsApp They are the worst enemy of your iPhone’s storage space, as all the memes or videos you send or receive through the app are automatically saved in your cell phone’s memory, even if you clear them from your gallery.
It is important to clarify that before following the steps of this trick, you must first make a backup copy of your multimedia files or save them on your computer, because after deleting them you will never be able to restore them.
How to clean WhatsApp to free up space on IPHONE
- First, make sure The WhatsApp You do not have any pending updates in the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and tap on Settings or Settings, you will find it with a cogwheel or cog icon at the bottom right.
- Several options will open, enter the option that says “Manage Storage”.
- Here you will see how much space it takes up The WhatsApp Currently and how much free space you have left.
- Swipe down a bit and a list of chats will appear. This is in a particular order as the first contact or group chat is the one with the most files stored.
- To avoid entering each file and start deleting files, above the chats you will find a section called “Check and delete items over 5 MB”, touch it.
- Press for a few seconds on the videos you want to delete until they are selected.
- Finally, click on the trash can icon in the upper right corner.
Ready, when you go back to the Manage Storage section, you will notice how much space it takes up The WhatsApp It is no longer the same, since it has been significantly reduced.
How to disable autosave
- Why The WhatsApp Don’t restock everything they send you, follow these steps.
- Open the application and enter “Settings”
- Click here on the “Chats” section.
- Finally, deactivate the switch that says “Save to Photos”, and it will be activated by default.
It is undoubtedly a very useful option when you are a member of many group chats that usually send heavy photos and videos daily, as they will not be stored automatically anymore, however, keep in mind that to watch them before you have to download them, when you do this will be Save you to iPhone memory.
“Creator. Troublemaker. Hardcore alcohol lover. Web evangelist. Extreme pop culture practitioner. Devoted zombie scholar. Avid introvert.”