The epidemic of COVID-19 is decreasing, but extreme measures must be taken ‘Cuba’ Granma

This week, the trend towards a decrease in cases of COVID-19 has been holding, in just two days there have been more than a thousand cases, but we have to continue to care for people with certain vulnerabilities, especially the elderly who are sick.

The First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC) and the President of the Republic, Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermúdez, stressed that he is vigilant about the danger of late access to the hospital care system for the elderly infected with the SARS virus. -2 virus with complications.

The president made the call at Saturday’s meeting of the government’s temporary working group for the prevention and control of the epidemic, where he indicated that these incidents are the most affecting the level of deaths from the disease, although they are not. High, it is necessary to cut, claimed.

Very old people die with a range of complications, and we must prevent them from taking these risks, and in this he said that the measures taken in the primary care system have a significant impact, as the family doctor should visit them systematically. Determine if there are any cases with these complications.

When conducting an assessment of the COVID-19 epidemic in Cuba at the moment, where it is being controlled, Díaz-Canel stressed that these findings are closely related to the effectiveness of Cuban vaccines and the immunization of the population, including under the circumstances. From the presence of the Omicron variant.

In the world, in most countries, the peak caused by this strain has exceeded the previous one; The First Secretary emphasized that, however, it was much lower in Cuba than we had previously.

See also  The conclusion of the Russian-Ukrainian talks - Juventud Rebeldy
Photo: Revolution Studies

This is further evidence that the state’s strategy to develop our vaccines and immunize the population has been effective, added Diaz-Canel, who requested, however, that the good results continue to be accompanied by measures to prevent people with vulnerabilities from reaching the dangerous or critical stage. .

“This is what we must focus on now,” the President of the Republic said at a meeting on Saturday of the Interim Governmental Working Group, which interacted via video link with political and government authorities from the 15 provinces and the municipality of the Special Youth Island.

Diaz-Canel said the country today is still in the new normal, has fewer restrictions than other times, the school year continues, economic activity is developing and revitalizing, and I think that is how we should continue to operate. .

In the exchange, the centerpiece of which was, as usual, a presentation by the Head of Public Health, José Angel Portal Miranda, it was proposed and approved to abolish the mandatory quarantine measure for travelers from South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Malawi and Eswatini.

The Miranda Gateway argued that the decision was based on the current global epidemiological situation, especially in Cuba. For travelers from those countries, mandatory sampling at the entrance to our ports and airports is also exempt, and will be subject to protocols that apply to those arriving from other places.

The meeting of the Government’s temporary working group was attended by a member of the Secretariat of the Central Committee, Jorge Luis Broch Lorenzo, Deputy Prime Minister Ines Maria Chapman Wu, Ricardo Cabrisas Ruiz, Alejandro Gil Fernández, Jorge Luis Perdomo de Lilla, as well as chairs and chairs portfolios, and other authorities.

See also  Spain simplifies the administration of family reunification visas in Cuba
Photo: Revolution Studies
Photo: Revolution Studies

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.