Scandal in the United Kingdom: News agencies deleted the first photo of Kate Middleton after her surgery, claiming it had been manipulated

Several news agencies have removed Kate Middleton's photo, claiming it was doctored

The first photo of Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales, since her abdominal surgery nearly two months ago, was published on Sunday after weeks of speculation about her whereabouts. But the image was later removed by Associated Press and other news agencies because they appeared to have been manipulatedWhich raised more speculation about his health condition.

Photo of Kate in a chair surrounded by her three children –George, Charlotte and Louis- Thanks to her husband, WilliamThe Prince of Wales and heir to the throne, was said to have been transferred earlier in the week at Windsor.

“Thank you for your well wishes and continued support over the past two months,” Kate said on social media. “I wish everyone a Happy Mother’s Day.”

an agency AP He initially published the photo published by Kensington Palace in London. but AP He later pulled the photo because, After careful examination, it turned out that the source had manipulated the image In a way that does not meet the agency's photography standards.

The photo shows an asymmetry in the alignment of Princess Charlotte's left hand.

Reuters also removed a photo of Kate Middleton (Prince of Wales/Kensington Palace/Handout via Reuters)

The Kensington Palace press office is not open on weekends and a voicemail left by a spokesperson was not immediately answered.

The photo was published after weeks of rumours Social media has talked about what has happened to Kate since she left hospital on January 29 after a stay of nearly two weeks following a scheduled surgery, as she has not been seen in public since Christmas Day.

See also  Allison transmission, part of the UK's first hydrogen-collecting truck

The royal family has been under more scrutiny than usual in recent weeks, with both Kate and King Charles III unable to carry out their usual public duties due to health problems.

Royal officials say so Carlos is receiving treatment for an unspecified type of cancerWhich was discovered during the treatment of prostate enlargement. The king canceled all public engagements while receiving treatment, although he was photographed walking to church and meeting privately with government officials and dignitaries.

Kate, 42, underwent surgery on January 16, and her condition and reason for the operation were not revealed.Although Kensington Palace and the offices of Prince William and Kate said it was not related to cancer.

Although the palace initially said it would only provide important updates and that she would not return to royal duties before Easter – March 31 this year – it followed up with a statement last month amid rumors and conspiracy theories saying she was fine and repeating his previous statement. .

“Kensington Palace clarified in January the timeline for the princess’s recovery, and that we would only provide important updates,” the palace said on February 29. “This trend has been maintained.”

Kate Middleton with Prince William (John Soper/Pool via Reuters)

Royal aides told the newspaper at the time the sun“We have seen the craze on social media and this will not change our strategy. “There has been a lot going on on social media, but the Princess has the right to privacy and asks the public to respect that.”

See also  Repsol has appointed Nicholas Fockert as the new Chief Executive Officer of its UK business

New questions were raised last week when the British military appeared to rush to announce that Kate would attend the Trooping the Color ceremony in June, apparently without consulting palace officials.

This appearance was his first major official mission since the operation. But Kensington Palace has not confirmed any public events scheduled for Kate. It is up to officials, not government departments, to announce and confirm royal attendance at events.

The army later removed the reference to its assistance.

British media reported that the army did not seek approval from Kensington Palace before publishing details about Kate's appearance in June, and announced the event based on the expectation that Kate, as a colonel in the Irish Guards, would inspect troops this year at the annual military ceremony.

(With information from AP)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *