BBVA confirms in court that it submitted the documents to Villarejo

Madrid, March 16th (EFE). – In the court that went to the Villarejo case, BBVA presented the letter that was announced last Friday with the content of the documents relating to the orders to Villarejo that had already appeared in the case, as a sample of its “principle of cooperation”.

This is the information in the “drive” file that the bank’s director of physical security, Ines Diaz Ushahavia, referred to in her statement last Friday, which the bank had already provided, for the better part of two years, from sources from the clearest entity to EFE.

In his statement, Diaz Ushaghia indicated that he is under investigation, in response to questions from the Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office, that there was information in the campaign relating to builders Luis Portillo and Fernando Martin, whose financial situation was being investigated.

As she explains, she herself gave access to this file to people on her team, although she said she did not know if the then-president of BBVA, Francisco Gonzalez, or the “second man” and his successor in the position, Carlos Torres, was authorized.

On the other hand, it could be brought in by the former head of the security team of Bank Nazario Campo and the ex-director of corporate litigation services, Eduardo Ortega, with whom she spoke personally through a meeting with her predecessor, Julio Coruciano.

The former head of BBVA’s internal regulation and oversight area also had access, Eduardo Arbizo, who, like her, was part of the committee set up by the bank to compile all documents related to employment at Cenyt.

READ  Kin-iro Mosaic, Thanks !! It already has a release date

With this last appearance, Diaz-Ushaghia concludes with the statement that has requested, of his own free will, District Instructions Court No.6 President Manuel Garcia Castellon which began the day before.

On that first day, he had already distanced himself from the bank duties of the former commissioner and said that he did not authorize or verify the invoices sent to the Cenyt Group because it was an aspect outside of his powers.

“Operation The Trap” revolves around the alleged espionage services of politicians, businessmen and journalists that the bank has commissioned from a former commissioner since 2004, when construction company Sacyr launched a movement to try to take over the entity that ultimately failed.

(C) The EFE Agency

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *