World Health Organization (Who is the), as of June 15, 11 variables From the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19: Four were described as “disturbing” and seven were “disturbing.”.
The agency explained on its website that all viruses change over time, as is the case with SARS-CoV-2. Most changes have little or no effect on the characteristics of the virus. However, some changes may affect some of them, such as the ease with which they spread, the severity of the associated disease, the efficacy of vaccines, medications for treatment, diagnostic tools, or other public and social health measures.”
indicates that the emergence, at the end of 2020, of variants that posed a greater risk to global public health, led to the use of specific classes of “Variable of interest” (VOI) s “Variable of Concern” (VOC), in order to prioritize global surveillance and investigation and ultimately guide the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
to be considered “Worrying Variables” You must meet the following criteria:
- Increased transmissibility or adverse change in the epidemiology of COVID.
- Increased virulence or change in clinical presentation of the disease.
- Decrease in the effectiveness of social and public health measures or available diagnostics, vaccines, and treatments.
from their side , “Variables of Interest” It is sent as such when:
- Identified as a cause of community transmission or multiple COVID-19 cases/clusters, or detected in multiple countries.
- The World Health Organization, in consultation with its task force on the evolution of the virus, decided that it had voted on the Internet.