Kevin Spacey faces multiple charges in the UK for alleged sexual assault

First Amendment:

Spacey is accused of multiple assaults in 2005, 2008 and 2013. The prosecutors are three men between the ages of 30 and 40 today. Spacey won two Academy Awards for his roles in The Usual Suspects and American Beauty, and was artistic director of London’s Old Vic Theater from 2003 to 2015, as well as starring in the series House of Cards.

Kevin Spacey is charged with four counts of alleged sexual assault of three men and one count of engaging in non-consensual penetrative sexual activity.

On Monday 13 June, the London Metropolitan Police Service confirmed that Spacey, 62, should this week appear at Westminster Magistrates Court in the capital of England.

Greater London Police have confirmed that Spacey has been charged with all five charges, which were authorized by the CPS after his arrest.

Kevin Spacey leaves the courtroom after testifying in a civil trial, Thursday, May 26, 2022, in New York. British prosecutors charged Spacey with four counts of sexually assaulting three men. British police questioned the 62-year-old Oscar-winner in 2019 over allegations by several men that he assaulted them. The British charges were announced Thursday as Spacey testified in a New York City court in a civil lawsuit. © AP Photo/John Minchillo

The charges against the actor are consistent with two alleged incidents in London in 2005, two more that could have been in 2008 and another, dated 2013. CPS authorized the charges against Spacey last month but they cannot be formally enforced.. because this was outside United kingdom.

See also  Camila Cabello and Billy Porter in "Cinderella" trailer

Total independent accusations

Once the charges against him were approved, Spacey announced his intention to travel to the British state to have the charges denied to the press.

“While I am disappointed with his decision to proceed, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as possible and defend myself against these accusations, which I am sure will prove my innocence,” the representative said in a statement.

Since the charges against him became known, the actor has disappeared from the public scene.

Since 2017, he has been persecuted for allegations of sexual assault. In November of that year, London’s Old Vic Theater said it had received 20 separate charges alleging Spacey’s conduct against 20 men who had contact with him at the theater between 1995 and 2013.

When allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced, the actor was removed from the popular series ‘House of Cards’ and the movie ‘All the Money in the World’.

Some actions were set against the Oscar winner or prosecutors or the attorney general’s office decided to withdraw the charges, although this did not excuse Spacey from paying expensive damages.

With Reuters, AP and local media

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.