(CNN) — American actor Kevin Spacey has been formally charged with four counts of sexually assaulting three men, according to what the London Metropolitan Police in the United Kingdom announced.
In a statement issued on Monday, police said the award-winning actor was also charged with “causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.”
Space is expected to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday.
London's Metropolitan Police said the alleged victim of the 2005 incidents is now in her 40s, while the two men allegedly involved in the 2008 and 2013 incidents are in their 30s.
These charges come after the Public Prosecution reviewed the evidence collected by the police during the investigation into these allegations.
The Public Prosecution authorized the filing of charges against the actor last month, but was unable to formally pursue them until the actor was on UK soil.
After the indictment was cleared, Spacey said he planned to travel to the United Kingdom to deny the allegations, according to a statement sent to Good Morning America and published by British news agency PA Media.
The statement read: “While I am disappointed in your decision to pursue charges, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as possible and defend myself against these charges, of which I am confident I will be acquitted.”
Spacey won two Oscars for his roles in The Usual Suspects and American Beauty, and was artistic director of the Old Vic Theater in London from 2003 to 2015.
He also starred in the popular political series “House of Cards” on Netflix, and returned to acting last year.
–Rob Pichetta contributed to this report.
“Thinker. Professional twitter fanatic. Certified introvert. Troublemaker. Unapologetic zombie maven.”