Global Citizen Live Coming to Sydney, with the amazing Australian artist Delta Goodrem and shot by the icon Sydney Opera Housewith an announcer Channel 9 Register to view the 24-hour broadcast event taking place on six continents.
Dozens of celebrities, activists, corporate leaders, philanthropists and world leaders will gather at Global Citizen Live To defend the planet and defeat poverty. The only event in a generation is part of the Global Citizen . program Recovery plan for the world, a year-long campaign to help end COVID-19, is calling on governments, philanthropists, and the private sector to make generous commitments and start a just global recovery.
Goodrem, a supporter of Longtime Global Citizen Australia, joined Global Citizen in 2020, giving her voice One world: together at home She carried him with his famous song “Together We Are One”. Goodrem has also given one lucky player a merchandise bundle, a virtual duo, and Meet and Greet through the Global Citizen rewards program to support Global goal: United for our future to watch.
And on this year’s International Women’s Day, Goodrem presented Exclusive video messageHe urged the citizens of the world to act.
“It is a great honor to join Global Citizen and work as part of Global Citizen Live Along with the historical background of artists, activists and world leaders who came together to inspire hope and bring about change.
The Sydney event will feature moments and performances from Lagos, Rio de Janeiro, New York, Paris, London, Seoul, Los Angeles and much more.
Artists and artists who donate their time and talents to support the campaign:
- New York: Coldplay, Billie Eilish, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Lizzo, Meek Mill and Shawn Mendes, with guest appearances from Alessia Cara, Burna Boy, Cyndi Lauper, Jon Batiste and Lang Lang.
- Lagos: Femi Coty, Davido, Tewa Savage y Coty.
- Paris: Ed Sheeran, Doja Cat, DJ Snake, Black Eyed Peas, Christine and the Queens, with a special appearance by Angélique Kidjo.
- Rio de Janeiro: Alok, Mart’nália, Criolo and Liniker, with special guests Tropkillaz and Mosquito, in partnership with Rock in Rio.
from others Global Citizen Live Artists including BTS, The Weeknd, Usher, Andrea Bocelli, Adam Lambert, Demi Lovato, Duran Duran, Ed Sheeran, Green Day, HER, Hugh Jackman & Deborra-lee Furness, Keith Urban, Lorde, Metallica and Rag’n ‘Man of Bones, Ricky Martin E. The Lumineers.’
Australia Global Citizen Live The event will feature specific requests from business and government leaders, including the following:
- Stay with your Pacific island neighbors, and pledge to reduce domestic emissions by 74% by 2030 and reach net zero by 2050. A clear and time-bound plan is expected before the big COP26 climate conference in November.
- Subscribe to the Race to Zero campaign and create new science goals, in line with the Paris Agreement, to avoid a temperature rise of more than 1.5 degrees.
- Donate more money and vaccines through COVAX to ensure equitable access to the COVID 19 vaccine in the region.
More broadly, the Global Citizen Live The campaign will bring together world leaders, major corporations, and foundations to:
- Help end the pandemic by donating at least 1 billion COVID-19 vaccines to those who need them most by September.
- Reverse the hunger crisis by contributing at least $6 billion to efforts to fight hunger.
- Help 4.5 million children in need of re-education by contributing $400 million to education.
- Fight climate change by getting the world’s largest companies to join Race to Zero this year. Global Citizen will require private sector leaders to commit to developing proven science targets to achieve net zero emissions by 2030, in line with the Paris Agreement, and reduce climate change through trillions of initiative trees.
- Promote a just recovery for all by mobilizing $250 million to support COVID-19 response efforts, with a focus on people-centered justice, gender equality, racial equality, LGBTQ+ rights and people with disabilities.
The campaign has the support of more than 30 governments and world leaders, including European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, Prime Minister of Italy and G20 President Mario Draghi, President of France Emmanuel Macron, and the President. Chile Sebastian Pinera, President of Argentina Alberto Fernandez, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Croatia Andrej Plenkovic, Prime Minister of Spain Pedro Sanchez, Prime Minister of Belgium Alexandre de Croo, Prime Minister of Fiji Frank Bainimarama and Nigerian Foreign Minister Jeffrey Onyeama, US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, as well as UN Under-Secretary-General Amina Mohammed, President of the Conference of Parties appointed by the UK, Alok Sharma, Special Presidential Envoy to the US states, John Kerry, and the eighth Secretary-General of the UN, Ban Ki-moon.
Governments also support the Global Citizen Initiative for one year Recovery plan for the world The campaign is Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Ireland, Mexico, Paraguay, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, South Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis.
There are many ways global citizens from Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific can participate and support Global Citizen Live. We have many actions in our app and website that you can do right now. You can go here to find out everything you need to know about working with Global Citizen and how your actions can help shape a more just world for everyone.
With every action you take, you earn points that you can redeem for rewards such as free tickets to an authentically guided Sydney Harbor Bridge climb experience, a private cabin ride on the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, reusable Frank Green merchandise, and tickets to RuPaul’s Drag Race to live.
If you haven’t done so already, you can download a file Global Citizen app Or visit our website and register to become a global citizen.
Join the Global Citizen Live campaign to defeat poverty and defend the planet by taking action here and join a movement led by citizens from around the world working alongside governments, businesses and philanthropists to bring about change.
“Thinker. Professional twitter fanatic. Certified introvert. Troublemaker. Unapologetic zombie maven.”