An American general claims that most of the evacuees from Afghanistan to Qatar are now in Europe and the United States

A US general said on Saturday that the United States has moved more than 57,000 evacuees from Afghanistan to Qatar outside the Gulf country, some of whom are now in the United States, while others are being treated in Europe. And Reuters.

About 124,000 people were evacuated from Kabul last month in a mass airlift operated by the United States and other foreign nationals, as well as vulnerable Afghans, with the Taliban in control there.

The United States withdraws from Afghanistan Where is this headed? – Caricature [Sabaaneh/MonitordeOriente].

Many of them, including some without documents or who have visa applications to the United States, have been evacuated via military bases in the Middle East, including the Al Udeid base in Doha, Qatar.

There are now fewer than 1,400 evacuees at the base, and many of them are scheduled to travel on Saturday, while a small group will remain in need of medical care until they can travel, Brigadier General Gerald Donohue told reporters.

It is not clear how many people are now in the United States or Europe, and there is an unspecified number at a nearby base in Qatar.

At one point there were more than 17,500 evacuees in many, Donoghue said, adding that nine evacuees were born.

After the rush to evacuate vulnerable Afghans, thousands of people, some without documents or with pending visa applications in the United States, and others in families with mixed immigration status, are now waiting in “transit centers” in third countries.

Afghans must overcome immigration obstacles in order to enter the United States.

See also  A pictorial map of Valencia for tourists with autism

Read: Taliban return accounts from China

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *