WhatsApp is a completely feasible option for all the people who prefer to use their desktop computers instead of their mobile phones, either for convenience or practicality, since the platform has almost the same functionality as the application, so there are almost no drawbacks when using it.
Beside Whatsapp web It has many options similar to the app’s, and it still lacks some functionality like chat security, especially if you usually open this platform on shared devices, whether you’re at work, a study center, or somewhere else.
For this reason, there is a way to add additional protection to your conversations thanks to the lock screen, a function that although not native to this version of WhatsApp, it is possible to use it without risk through an extension.
How to lock the WhatsApp Web screen
Below we provide an 11-step guide that will allow you to implement a screen lock on WhatsApp Web:
- First, download an extension called “WA Web Plus” from the Chrome Web Store.
- Once done, head to the Chrome Extensions Store again and search for “WA Web Plus for WhatsApp”.
- Click on the three vertical dots and choose the “Fix” option from the options that appear.
- Next, open your WhatsApp Web account as you normally would.
- Then select the “WA Web Plus” icon.
- Choose the “Enable screen lock” function.
- Soon, the system will ask you to create a password.
- Remember to type in your password to access the platform without problems
- Once you set the password, WhatsApp Web will be locked immediately.
- Enter the password if necessary to open WhatsApp Web.
- When you don’t want to use WhatsApp Web anymore, tap on the new lock icon on the side of the “States” tab to activate the screen lock.
It is important to note that this solution only applies to WhatsApp Web; If you are using the desktop version, you will not be able to use the screen lock function, so you must take precautions.
What are the new WhatsApp Web settings
- It is possible to create a community.
- Change “Name” and “Information”.
- States report.
- Turn message notifications on or off.
- Hide last online time, information and profile picture.
- Turn read receipt on or off.
- Turn push messages on or off.
- Decide who can add you to groups.
- Block and unblock contacts.
- Change the theme to light and dark.
- Change background (only colors for now).
- Choose which files will be downloaded automatically.
- Join the beta.
Did you like this new information about The WhatsApp? Did you learn a useful trick? This app is full of new “secrets”, codes, shortcuts and tools that you can keep trying and you just need to enter the following link for more feedback from The WhatsApp In Depor, that’s it. what are you waiting for?
“Creator. Troublemaker. Hardcore alcohol lover. Web evangelist. Extreme pop culture practitioner. Devoted zombie scholar. Avid introvert.”