UK rules out new military intervention in Afghanistan – Prinsa Latina

Johnson told Sky News after chairing an emergency cabinet meeting where the situation was analyzed due to the Taliban’s advance.

After ruling out the military option, the conservative British governor said that London and its partners in the region and the rest of the world must work to prevent that country from becoming a breeding ground for terrorism again.

Within weeks of the US-led foreign forces completing their withdrawal after 20 years of occupation, the Taliban controlled more than two-thirds of the country and put pressure on government forces in several regional capitals.

According to reports, the extremist group took control of Kandahar city on Friday and could take full control of the country within three months.

The day before, the British government, which had already completed the withdrawal of its forces from Afghanistan, announced the dispatch of 600 troops to support British diplomatic staff and relocate Afghan collaborators.

When asked about this, Johnson confirmed that most of the staff of the British Embassy in Kabul will be evacuated over the next few months, and announced that a group of officials from the Ministry of the Interior was sent to process the requests of the Afghans who worked with it. Troops…and they want to leave the country.

Ga/nm

See also  What are the requirements to work in the UK after Brexit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *