Catherine Tay, head of the US Trade Representative’s office, emphasized that FTAs are like children, they require constant attention.
generally, United State Signed multilateral trade agreements with the World Trade Organization (WTO)OMC) and 16 bilateral and regional trade agreements.
“These agreements are a lot like children. They are from ongoing relationships and require our constant care and attention,” said Catherine Tay, on a working visit to Mexico on Wednesday.
“Reviving our mutual commitment on an ongoing basis will also allow us to adapt our relationships and cooperation to current challenges and increase competition from other parts of the world,” he added, referring to T-MEC.
In chronological order, US agreements include:
- Bilateral agreements of the United States with Israel s Canada.
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- Uruguay Round Agreements.
- Bilateral agreements of the United States with JordanAnd the SingaporeAnd the ChileAnd the AustraliaAnd the Morocco, West, sunset s the two seas.
- US regional trade agreement with Dominican RepublicAnd the saviorAnd the HondurasAnd the NicaraguaAnd the Guatemala s Costa Rica (Kafta – DR).
- Five other bilateral agreements from the United States, with Sultanate of OmanAnd the PeruAnd the Korea (course), Colombia s Panama.
- Treaty between Mexicothe United States and Canada (T-MEC).
The Uruguay Round Agreements include the Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization and its various annexes containing the WTO Agreements.
In 2020, the United States officially began negotiations to conclude free trade agreements with it Kenya and the United kingdom.
Catherine Tay took part in a press conference with the Minister of Economy, Tatiana Clauther, and Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade of Canada.
The meeting of the three officials was to celebrate the first year of the entry into force of the T-MEC.
At this meeting, the three countries reaffirmed their commitment to North American supply chains and economic competitiveness, which has generated “significant economic growth and benefits for people, businesses and workers in the three countries,” they said in a joint statement.
“Creator. Devoted pop culture specialist. Certified web fanatic. Unapologetic coffee lover.”