They are trying to stage a coup in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

(CNN) — An attempted coup in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has been suppressed by the defense and security forces, army spokesman General Sylvain Ekeng announced in a televised speech released by government spokesman Patrick Muyaya on Sunday.

Ekeng said foreigners and Congolese took part in the attack and have since been “removed from the fighting.”

He added that the defense and security forces were controlling the situation, and urged people to go about their business “freely and calmly.”

Two police officers and one of the attackers were killed, said Michel Motu Muhima – spokesman for politician Vital Kamerhi, whose house was attacked in the early hours of Sunday.

“Mr. Vital Kamerhe’s house was attacked at around 4:30 a.m. by a group of armed men in military uniform. Two police officers assigned to guard him, as well as one of the attackers, lost their lives,” Mohima announced.

Muhima said Kamerhi and his family were unharmed and their security measures had been beefed up.

the State-run Congolese National Radio and Television (RTNC). He also spoke about the attack on Camerhi’s house. The attackers then headed to the presidential palace on Sunday morning, according to RTNC.

And RTNC too mentioned They quoted General Ekeng as saying, “The defense and security forces neutralized all the attackers.”

Deputy Prime Minister Peter Kazadi said that the incident occurred in the town of Gombe in the country’s capital, Kinshasa, during the night from Saturday to Sunday.

He added, “We want to assure the national and international community that our defense and security forces quickly restored public order that had been disturbed by armed men.” Announce Kazadi in X.

See also  Between anger and indifference towards Biden and Trump

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *