Constructing a new building from scratch is a stressful process that requires planning, money, and time. Why struggle so much when you can get a temporary structure in a cheaper and faster way? Temporary structures are used to serve different purposes from showrooms to hosting football events. They offer enough space to store large items and many people.
If you are still not sure about temporary buildings, here are some of the things you need to know about them. We will focus on what they are, the advantages of using temporary structures in your business or organization, and how to construct or rent the best structures.
What Are Temporary Buildings?
These are buildings built within a short period. They lack rows and columns, making it easier for them to provide extra spaces. They are made of temporary materials such as PVC panels, fabric sheets, and steel or iron frames. However, metallic containers, which are commonly used as portable classrooms and offices, are also categorized as temporary structures.
Temporary structures and houses might be custom-made, especially in factories and businesses that are expanding and require long-term temporary or modular structures, especially if they are to be rented out for a short period.
Uses of Temporary Buildings
Temporary structures are designed to serve different purposes. They include:
- Temporary classrooms – Most schools require a lot of space, particularly during this COVID-19 pandemic, which in this case temporary structures provide. Instead of building a permanent structure from the ground up, you can always opt for a quick and inexpensive temporary structure.
- For extra storage – As mentioned above, temporary buildings lack columns and rows, which makes them the best for storage.
- Warehouse – Temporary warehouses are mostly known for easy construction and space. Furthermore, they can be customized to meet your needs. Most temporary warehouses are constructed of materials such as PVC and steel, which makes the structure long-lasting.
Benefits They Provide
Temporary structures are growing in popularity because of the benefits they provide. Here are some of them.
- They are cost-effective – Temporary buildings are cheap to construct as compared to other buildings. They do not require a lot of materials, and with just steel or wood, you are good to go.
- They are flexible – Depending on your event, you can easily customize temporary structures to meet various needs. They are also portable, allowing you to easily relocate your structure.
- Fast to construct – Building a temporary structure takes less time as compared to permanent ones. For instance, Smart-Space, the most trusted temporary building company in the UK, promises to deliver your projects within a period of 7 to 21 days depending on the building.
- Environmentally friendly – Temporary structures make an effort to protect the environment at large. They do not require any foundation since the structure is placed on the ground, hence protecting nature below it. In terms of light, solar systems are used, which in turn protects the environment and reduces electricity bills.
Things to Look for When Constructing Temporary Buildings
Constructing temporary buildings may require you to pay attention to some aspects, which may include:
- Location – The first thing you need to look at is location. With no land and location, there’s no way you are going to construct anything.
- Check out whether you need planning permission – Depending on the structure, you might require planning permission. Most states and countries require planning permission for temporary structures that last more than 21 days.
- You need to come up with a site plan – This will make your work easier. It should include all of the activities on the site as well as the steps you should take. If possible, you can include diagrams for easy understanding.
Temporary buildings have proven to have numerous advantages, including the fact that they are not only cost-effective but also environmentally friendly. As a result, relocating to temporary structures is unquestionably the best option.