For the second week in a row, the conversation revolved around four films at the global box office with Bond at the helm No time to die, which adds up to $313 million worldwide; Poison: Unleashing Carnage ($185.6 million), Danube ($117.1 million, not yet in the US)… and The battle in Changjin LakeAnd With $632.2 million worldwide, that’s more than the three Hollywood movies combined.
In the United States (US), the latest installment with Daniel Craig debuted at $56.0 million, a figure in the expected range. Every day it is believed that James Bond plays in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but that may be because he is referred to as sky fall, the only film in the saga to reach the stratosphere with $1,108 million.
In fact, this is the daily range of 007 saga and others similar (Mission: Impossible). As data: It’s the fourth highest-grossing Bond movie after that sky fall ($88.3 million), ghost ($70.4) and How much consolation ($67.5), which is an impressive achievement considering that: 1) we are still in an epidemic (12% of theaters in the US and Canada are still closed) and 2) the movie runs for 2 hours and 43 minutes, reducing the number of showings in cinemas Some moviegoers are banned.
At Bond’s share of the global box office in 66 international markets, the twenty-fifth official installment of Agent 007 totaled $89.54 million. In the overseas markets where it debuted last week, it lost 36%. Thus, its accumulation has grown to $257.2 ($313.3 global), but it still lacks two main countries: China and Australia.
Its best showings have been France ($10.1) and Russia ($5.0), while its most important markets are the UK – this is clear – with $71.0 million (which is Universal’s fourth biggest hit), Germany ($32.7) and Japan ($32.7) American). 12.2), France ($10.1) and the Netherlands ($8.5) and in similar markets have better numbers than ghost And a little below sky fall.
In the US, the supplemental segment lost 64%, added $32.0 million and accumulated $141.6 million. Is this ratio bad? No, especially if it’s competition No time to die (as data, Black Widow lost 68% and F9And 67%). So far, Poison: Unleashing Carnage It’s running at similar numbers to its predecessor, which is impressive…in a pandemic!
On 10,600 screens in 13 international markets, it added $24.8 million, versus $43.9 million overseas. Its results were fueled by its Latin American debut, where it hit an epidemic record of $20 million, just 15% lower than the 2018 film and higher than that of the 2018 film. shang chi (+ 164%), No time to die (+238%) and fast 9 (+1%).
Its best results were Mexico ($10.5), Brazil ($2.7) and Argentina ($1.0), and its most prominent results were Russia ($23.9 million in 11 days). On Friday, it will arrive in South Korea, Italy, the United Kingdom, Spain, India and Saudi Arabia, and next week it will arrive in France and Germany. Japan, as always, will wait longer until December.
The adaptation grossed $8.8 million in 32 regions and accumulated $117.1 million (10% of IMAX screens). It is down 41% (which is remarkable, given that it has faced strong competition) and in 11 days it will reach its largest regions: the United States and China. Danube Continue, in revenue, 12% above tenet67% above Black Widow And shang chi and 91% of Blade Runner 2049. Its top markets are France ($24.2), Russia ($19.4), Germany ($15.7), Spain ($7.9) and Italy ($7.6). They could be joined by Japan, where they will make their debut this weekend.
The battle in Changjin Lake
Within 10 days, the ambitious official trailer adds $638 million, enough to become the fourth film to exceed $600 million worldwide in 2021, and by the way – the fourth highest grossing in Chinese history. This weekend it raised $108 million, and Maoyan predicts it could end up at +820 million, which is close to the highest-grossing movie of 2021: Hello mother! ($841 million).
With a global hit of $9.1 million this week, the MCU movie became the third Hollywood movie to cross $400 million worldwide, after fast and furious 9 And Godzilla vs. Kong. To date, it is valued at $401.6 million, of which $212.5 is from the United States and $189.1 is from overseas markets.
Crazy Adams 2
In the US, it just lost 42% in its second week, and accumulated $31.1 million in 10 days. In 13 markets internationally, it advanced to $4.5 million, for a global total of $35.7 million. Fact: Its predecessor raised $203 million worldwide.
Other Movies Shown
- lentil. The latest (ambitious) studio A24 debuted for $1.1 million in 583 US theaters. As a curious fact: It is the highest-grossing Icelandic film in US history.
- Many Saints in Newark. prequel to soprano… did not work. In the US, it barely adds up to $7.4 million after 10 days in theaters, and abroad it takes in $2.9 million.
- The Free Man: Loss of Control. After 9 weeks in the US, it will cross $120 million tomorrow. Globally, it has already reached $326.0 million, $95.0 of which comes from China.
- Dear Evan Hansen,. In its third week in theaters in the United States, the movie musical has grossed $13.7 million. Just for comparison: In the neighborhood, it made $29.8 million, and Cats, $27.1 million.
- paw patrol. The adapted film has already reached $121.8 million worldwide, $4 million more than the annual runner-up for 2021 (Raya and the last dragon).
- candy man. In its seventh week, the new release reached $60.0 million in the United States and $76.2 million globally. Its main markets are: the United Kingdom ($6.7), Spain ($1.0) and Russia ($0.7).
- My, my parents. The film that concludes The Nationalist Trilogy sees a surprising figure ($183.7 million), but far short of previous films that grossed +400 million.
- Met Opera: Boris Godunov. This is a big surprise. The movie version of the event, which is in 791 theaters in the United States, added $0.38 million on Saturday alone.
Top 10. Global box office
Weekend 41. From 8 to 10 October 2021
- No Time to Die $145,548,372 (67)
- The Battle at Changjin Lake $108,361,372 (1)
- Venom: Carnegie released $56,800,000 (14)
- My, my parents $19,626,093 (3)
- Crazy Adams 2 $14,580,040 (13)
- Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings $9,100,000 (47)
- Danube $8,800,000 (32)
- Paw Patrol: Movie $2,900,000 (56)
- Many Saints in Newark $1,889,000 (13)
- Water Boys $1,000,000 (1)
Sources: Deadline.com, Comscore.com, Boxofficemojo.com, The-Numbers.com
Corollary: Disney picks up on what’s lost
Disney has reached $2,000 million worldwide, an amount made primarily through seven films: Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings ($401.6 million), Black Widow ($379), Free Man: Loss of Control ($327), Cruella ($233), jungle trip ($212), Raya and the last dragon ($130) and spirit ($105).
“Thinker. Professional twitter fanatic. Certified introvert. Troublemaker. Unapologetic zombie maven.”